Health & disability
Hospitals & Clinics
- Green Pastures Hospital [Pokhara]
- Shining Hospital Banke [Nepalgunj]
- Shining Hospital Surkhet [Mahendranagar]
- Maternal, neonatal and child health
- Surgery, treatment and rehabilitation [leprosy, spinal cord injury, other disability]
- Community advocacy & awareness-raising alongside people with disabilities
- Surgical and medical interventions improving quality of life
- Advocacy and group action transforming attitudes towards disability in Nepal
- Education & awareness-raising to prevent disability and stigma
INF Australia works through the hospitals and health programs of INF Nepal for the holistic care of all Nepali people, especially poor or disadvantaged patients.
Green Pastures Hospital [GPH] in Pokhara is at the heart of INF’s medical and clinical work and aims to become a centre of excellence in the holistic care and treatment of disabilities in order to transform lives. Through programs in GPH and INF Nepal’s other hospitals, we support the treatment and rehabilitation of patients affected by leprosy, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, and other forms of disability.
The support our health and disability programs provide addresses the needs of the whole person, not only the physical disability, through surgery, medical therapies, counselling, training in self-care, tele-health and tele-rehab, financial and practical support for impoverished families, along with support for advocacy groups and campaigns calling for greater awareness, respect and inclusion of people with disabilities.